Get a moving quote online now. click here
THE MOVING PROCESS
A summary of how moving house with Harris Transport works and what to expect
- Should you require a quotation Harris Transport shall arrange a mutually suitable time for a representative to view your home, assess the contents to be packed and/or moved and any other requirements you may have.
- A no obligation written quotation is processed and sent to you on or before the next working day by email, fax or post. This quotation shall include the option of a comprehensive insurance cover and shall be inclusive of any GST.
- Time should be taken to consider the option of insurance and we recommend you contact your own insurer if you wish to seek some independent advice.
- Once your decision has been made to use Harris Transport give us a quick call to confirm the dates you require are available and discuss the timetable required to complete your move.
- Complete the Removal Acceptance Contract attached to your quotation along with the Insurance Proposal should you require Harris Transport to arrange this for you. Return these documents along with any deposit required to secure your booking.
- If you have chosen to use the packing services offered by Harris Transport the packers shall generally require the day prior to move day to complete this task.They can however leave any beds you may wish to sleep in and kitchen or other contents you require until the day of the move.
- On the move day Harris Transport shall provide a purpose built fully equipped furniture removal vehicle along with professional staff dressed in the company uniform and any packing materials that may be required.
- Before loading begins our staff shall dismantle any beds, place them into plastic mattress protectors, dismantle any other items that may be to bulky to move in one piece and where required complete a detailed inventory of every item to be moved.
- Loading the removal van can now begin. Your goods will be carried to the vehicle, wrapped with special purpose removal blankets, safely stowed in the carpet lined van and securely fastened before setting off.
- Upon arrival at your new residence the crew shall place your possessions in your home to your instruction and reassemble any furniture that they have dismantled including beds.
- If specified unpacking shall be carried out. This service however does not include the placement of contents into cupboards - we can offer the services of the finishing touch for this purpose in some areas.
- Removal of packing materials and debris will be pre booked for 1 week after your delivery date and our nearest office will contact you prior to confirm.